Pittsburgh Wedding Venue Location and Photography Guide
THE CONVENTION CENTER RIVERFRONT PARK
Why is the Convention Center Riverfront Park a good choice for wedding photos or an engagement session?
- The walkway under the convention center is entirely covered, making this a viable option for a rainy day.
- Water rushing over the sides of the entire sides of the walkway makes a spectacular sight (when it’s turned on – I haven’t figured out the pattern yet).
- At the end of the park, you have a beautiful view of Pittsburgh’s three yellow bridges to one side, and the old iron railroad bridge on the other side.
- Walking distance to the Heinz History Center… sort of… see below.
But keep in mind…
- It’s no secret that this is an option for rainy wedding days! If you head here on a rainy day, you will likely encounter other wedding parties seeking refuge too.
- There really is no place at all to park. You’ll need to have transportation drop you off, or be prepared to walk from a nearby parking lot like the Hampton Inn. It’s not that far… but, on a rainy day, or a really hot or cold day, or a day that you’ve chosen shoes for style over comfort, it will feel like a long walk.
- When the water feature is turned on, it is REALLY loud in here.
1000 Fort Duquesne Blvd,
Pittsburgh, PA 15222