Why is the North Shore a good choice for wedding photos or an engagement session?
- Lots of diversity here! You have the Pittsburgh skyline. The Roberto Clemente Bridge. PNC Park. Heinz Field. Views of the fountain at Point State Park. The Water Steps. Plus beautiful landscaping, so even though you’re right next to the city, you can still get photos that look like you’re in a park.
- There are a lot of different spots on the North Shore! There are a lot of photos to look through in this gallery. To get a better idea of where on the North Shore these locations are, check out the interactive photo location guide map below.
- It’s convenient to many Downtown and North Shore locations.
- If there’s a Pirates game going on, the Roberto Clemente Bridge is closed to vehicular traffic, so you can get that iconic bridge photo without dodging cars. You’ll likely have some Bucco fans in your photos, but they’ll be yelling “congratulations!” to you.
My favorite spot on the North Shore?
No!!!! I can’t pick!!! But, if I have to, I love the spot in front of the Science Center where the Allegheny meets the Ohio, right at the magical moment when the setting sun strikes the PPG Tower and makes it all golden.
- There can be a lot of people around, especially if there’s a Pirates, Panthers or Steelers game going on.
- If there’s a game going on, parking can be tricky.
Please don’t overlook what time of day your photo session will take place! Note that each photo has a not-particularly-attractive time stamp on it. Why did I put these ugly numbers all over these photos? Because time of day is critical to creating beautiful photos. And time of day is fluid depending on the time of year. For example, 6:30pm might be the perfect time of day for photos at the North Shore in May… but if you go at 6:30pm in November, it’s going to be dark. Be sure to consult a sunset calculator so you know when it will be getting dark on the day of your shoot. Better yet – ask your photographer!
Looking for more places for pictures for your wedding day or engagement session? Check out the interactive Pittsburgh Wedding Photography Location Guide Map.
Christina Montemurro Photography specializes in Pittsburgh weddings and bar/bat mitzvahs. Using a photojournalistic approach, Christina creates genuine, heartfelt, relaxed images, with extraordinary attention to detail and customer service. Contact Christina now to check availability for your engagement session, wedding, bar mitzvah or bat mitzvah. Christina has been rated among top Pittsburgh photographers. You can read reviews by Christina’s past brides and grooms here and here.