Why is the Convention Center Riverfront Park a good choice for wedding photos or an engagement session?
- The walkway under the convention center is entirely covered, making this a viable option for a rainy day.
- Water rushing over the sides of the entire sides of the walkway makes a spectacular sight (when it’s turned on – I haven’t figured out the pattern yet).
- At the end of the park, you have a beautiful view of Pittsburgh’s three yellow bridges to one side, and the old iron railroad bridge on the other side.
- Walking distance to the Heinz History Center… sort of… see below.
- It’s no secret that this is an option for rainy wedding days! If you head here on a rainy day, you will likely encounter other wedding parties seeking refuge too.
- There really is no place at all to park. You’ll need to have transportation drop you off, or be prepared to walk from a nearby parking lot like the Hampton Inn. It’s not that far… but, on a rainy day, or a really hot or cold day, or a day that you’ve chosen shoes for style over comfort, it will feel like a long walk.
- When the water feature is turned on, it is REALLY loud in here.
Please don’t overlook what time of day your photo session will take place! Note that each photo has a not-particularly-attractive time stamp on it. Why did I put these ugly numbers all over these photos? Because time of day is critical to creating beautiful photos. And time of day is fluid depending on the time of year. For example, 6:30pm might be the perfect time of day for photos at the North Shore in May… but if you go at 6:30pm in November, it’s going to be dark. Be sure to consult a sunset calculator so you know when it will be getting dark on the day of your shoot. Better yet – ask your photographer!
Looking for more places for pictures for your wedding day or engagement session? Check out the interactive Pittsburgh Wedding Photography Location Guide Map!
Christina Montemurro Photography specializes in Pittsburgh weddings and bar/bat mitzvahs. Using a photojournalistic approach, Christina creates genuine, heartfelt, relaxed images, with extraordinary attention to detail and customer service. Contact Christina now to check availability for your engagement session, wedding, bar mitzvah or bat mitzvah. Christina has been rated among top Pittsburgh photographers. You can read reviews by Christina’s past brides and grooms here and here.