Why is Chatham Center a good choice for wedding photos or an engagement session?
- There are some grassy areas and plants, so it’s a nice park-like setting. But, it’s also surrounding by buildings, so if you’re there beyond spring, summer or fall, it won’t matter that there’s nothing in bloom.
- It’s very close to Epiphany Catholic Church – you can walk over.
- And it’s even closer to the Marriott City Center – right outside the back of the hotel.
- There’s a fountain in the middle of the plaza. If it’s not turned on, it kind of looks like a rock sculpture.
- If you’re lucky to be here in late fall in the afternoon, sun bounces off of the building on the east side of the plaza, acting as a giant natural reflector. It’s perfect natural light.
- Some of the other Downtown areas (Mellon Green, the North Shore) are a bit more versatile and a bit prettier. But if this plaza is more convenient logistically, it’s a good option.
Please don’t overlook what time your photo session will take place! Note that each photo has a not-particularly-attractive time stamp on it. Why did I put these ugly numbers all over these photos? Because time of day is critical to creating beautiful photos. And time of day is fluid depending on the time of year. For example, 6:30pm might be the perfect time of day for photos at the North Shore in May… but if you go at 6:30pm in November, it’s going to be dark. Be sure to consult a sunset calculator so you know when it will be getting dark on the day of your shoot. Better yet – ask your photographer!
Looking for more places for pictures for your wedding day or engagement session? Check out the interactive Pittsburgh Wedding Photography Location Guide Map!
Christina Montemurro Photography specializes in Pittsburgh weddings and bar/bat mitzvahs. Using a photojournalistic approach, Christina creates genuine, heartfelt, relaxed images, with extraordinary attention to detail and customer service. Contact Christina now to check availability for your engagement session, wedding, bar mitzvah or bat mitzvah. Christina has been rated among top Pittsburgh photographers. You can read reviews by Christina’s past brides and grooms here and here.