Why is the Cathedral of Learning a good choice for wedding photos or an engagement session?
- The dark, Gothic interior of the Cathedral of Learning is beautiful, making it a a good option for very cold or rainy days.
- Current or former Pitt students may want to go here for sentimental reasons!
- You can shoot here year round, regardless of the weather outside.
- Convenient to the University Club, Soldiers and Sailors, the Wyndham, Heinz Chapel, Carnegie Museum, Hilton Garden Inn, Pittsburgh Athletic Association.
- It’s really dark in there; photos will have a dark, gothic feel.
- Parking can be hard to come by.
Please don’t overlook what time your photo session will take place! Note that each photo has a not-particularly-attractive time stamp on it. Why did I put these ugly numbers all over these photos? Because time of day is critical to creating beautiful photos. And time of day is fluid depending on the time of year. For example, 6:30pm might be the perfect time of day for photos at the North Shore in May… but if you go at 6:30pm in November, it’s going to be dark. Be sure to consult a sunset calculator so you know when it will be getting dark on the day of your shoot. Better yet – ask your photographer!
Looking for more places for pictures for your wedding day or engagement session? Check out the interactive Pittsburgh Wedding Photography Location Guide Map!
Christina Montemurro Photography specializes in Pittsburgh weddings and bar/bat mitzvahs. Using a photojournalistic approach, Christina creates genuine, heartfelt, relaxed images, with extraordinary attention to detail and customer service. Contact Christina now to check availability for your engagement session, wedding, bar mitzvah or bat mitzvah. Christina has been rated among top Pittsburgh photographers. You can read reviews by Christina’s past brides and grooms here and here.